Sandton, South Africa, 23 September 2014
– From the United States to South Africa and New Zealand to right here in South Africa, the Life Fitness top 10 Personal Trainers to Watch finalists may span the globe, but they are united in their commitment to exceptional leadership, client support, motivation and inspiration.
Life Fitness, the global leader in commercial fitness equipment manufacturing, announced the top 10 finalists in its global competition, who have been selected from more than 1,700 nominations from 43 different countries.
The top 10 elite finalists, including Nick Freemantle from Infitness, South Africa
, will meet on Oct. 17 at DavidBartonGym – Astor Place in New York City to compete for the title of the world's best Personal Trainer to Watch.
The top 10 Personal Trainers to Watch finalists are:
• Nick Freemantle, Gauteng, South Africa
• Rachel Hobbs, Surrey, England
• Cristiano Arthur S. Parente, São Paulo, Brazil
• Matt Parvis, North Carolina, United States
• Adrián Cardín Pereda, Cantabria, Spain
• Isaac Rojas Rivero, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
• Fiona Ross, Taranaki, New Zealand
• Austin Ryan Toloza, California, United States
• Andreya Tornes, Minnesota, United States
• Ryan Vivar, Oklahoma, United States
"The Personal Trainers to Watch program continues to draw in some of the top personal trainer talent from around the world, and this year's finalists are no exception," said Chris Clawson, president of Life Fitness. "Each of the finalists' nominations demonstrated an inspirational and diversified commitment to the personal training profession and their clients. We look forward to evaluating these elite trainers first-hand as they share techniques and develop course material that can be used on our cutting-edge SYNRGY360 functional training system at DavidBartonGym in New York City."
Finalists were selected based on personal values, innovative training philosophies, education and experience. Judges included experts from Life Fitness and its educational arm, Life Fitness Academy, as well as the International Confederation of Registers for Exercise Professionals (ICREPs), EuropeActive, American Council on Exercise (ACE) and past competition winners.
The top 10 finalists will compete in the program's live judging event on Oct. 17, 2014, where they will be evaluated on their ability to motivate, praise and collaborate with a client, as well as enhance the workout experience and correct exercise performance on the SYNRGY360 system. The entire day will be streaming live on www.lifefitness.com/pttw